Making a Complaint
Community Options maintains a complaint resolution process where a persons served and/or their support network are encouraged to bring their concerns forward.
Community Options complaint process is intended to:
- Demonstrate our commitment to the complaints and appeal process
- Encourage stakeholders to bring complaints forward in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure that complaints will not result in retaliation or barriers to service
- Provide information that can be used to deliver improvement in services, systems and complaint resolution
- Comply with applicable legal and other regulatory requirements
- Comply with applicable Community Options policies
Rights and responsibilities regarding complaints
It is the responsibility of Community Options to address complaints in a prompt and objective manner. Community Options staff are to inform any complainant of the complaint process. Any private and personal information is disclosed only where it is essential to resolving the complaint and is otherwise kept confidential.
Definition of a Formal Complaint
A formal complaint (see Step 3) is any complaint forwarded to the Executive Director or designate, in which an investigation is required. Formal complaints may come in writing, by phone or in person. If a complaint is delivered verbally, the complainant will be encouraged to submit the complaint in writing.
Please see the following form for information about filing a complaint.
Download/print form: Complaint Procedures Form
Complete online form: COCF – Complaint Form