- Founding Board members (from left to right): Charlotte Disalvo, Rae O'Keefe, Wendy Weeks, Brenda Jagdis, Bev Kissinger.
Community Options was formed by a group of committed parents and supportive professionals in 1988. While the organization has grown since its inception, we strive to maintain the original vision of creating an inclusive community.
Community Options Values
- believe that every person is entitled to be fully involved in his or her community
- believe that each person has the right and is best able to decide what specific resources he or she requires and how those requirements are met
- believe in the importance of families
- are guided by each person’s abilities and dreams
- acknowledge and respect each person’s right to dignity and choice
- believe that sharing activities and information brings people together